Southwest Rice Pilaf
I like to combine the starch and vegetable in my side dishes. This one’s tasty with tacos and fajitas—two of my family’s favorite meals. —Martha Ulfelder, Southborough, Massachusetts
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook rice according to package directions. Stir in the Mexicorn,
- cilantro, butter and salt. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 194 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 514 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.