Southwest Rib Roast with Salsa Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (8 to 10 pounds)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, salt, cumin and cayenne. Set aside 2 teaspoons for salsa. Rub the remaining seasoning mixture over roast. Place roast fat side up in a shallow roasting pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness ((for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Transfer to serving platter. Let stand for 15 minutes before carving.
- 3. For salsa, combine the beans, tomatoes, onion, cilantro and reserved seasoning mixture in a bowl. Serve with roast. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 pound: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Southwest Rib Roast with Salsa
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.