Southwest Pork Tenderloin
When living in Europe, I missed classic Southwestern flavors. Using what I had, I made spicy pork tenderloin and it's been a staple ever since. —John Cox, Seguin, Texas
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3 medium limes, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°. Rub tenderloins with oil; sprinkle with
- taco seasoning. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove
- tenderloins from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before
- slicing. Squeeze lime wedges over pork. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked pork equals 184 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 446 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.