Southwest Pork and Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 cup cubed cooked pork
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the vinegar, water, oil, garlic, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Pour over pork mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve on lettuce-lined plates if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 336 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Southwest Pork and Bean Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.