"This salad is tasty on its own," writes Lynn Biscott of Toronto, Ontario, "but we also like it as a filling for tacos or tortillas."
- 1 cup cubed cooked pork
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the vinegar, water, oil, garlic, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Pour over pork mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve on lettuce-lined plates if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Southwest Pork and Bean Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 58
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Southwest Pork and Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review