There are two kinds of meat in this satisfying meat-lovers pizza topped with lots of cheese. The sauce is made up of salsa and the barbecue sauce from the pork, which results in a great smoky-salsa flavor.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1-3/4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Unroll crust onto a lightly greased 12-in. pizza pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 400° for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in salsa and pork. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with onion, olives and cheese. Bake 6-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Southwest Pizza in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p8
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Southwest Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review