Southwest Pita Pizzas Recipe
For a quick meal guaranteed to please all, try this recipe. These individual pizzas have so much flavor and spice!—Gloria Taylor, Amarillo, Texas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 pita breads (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons canned diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in chilies.
- 2. Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with enchilada sauce. Top with beef mixture and cheese.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream, jalapenos, lettuce and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 563 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 847mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Southwest Pita Pizzas
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC