Southwest Pita Pizzas Recipe
For a quick meal guaranteed to please all, try this recipe. These individual pizzas have so much flavor and spice!—Gloria Taylor, Amarillo, Texas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 pita breads (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons canned diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in chilies.
- 2. Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with enchilada sauce. Top with beef mixture and cheese.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream, jalapenos, lettuce and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pizza equals 563 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 847 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC