- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 pita breads (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons canned diced jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in chilies.
- Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with enchilada sauce. Top with beef mixture and cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream, jalapenos, lettuce and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Southwest Pita Pizzas in Country Woman February/March 2009, p36
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Southwest Pita Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >