- 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh salsa
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- Fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until browned. Stir in beans and salsa. Divide rice among four bowls. Top with kielbasa mixture, onion and, if desired, cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Southwest Kielbasa Bowls
"We could eat it once a week! easy and delicious!"
"Surprisingly tasty given the lack of ingredients and seasoning! I used pork sausage and mix of fresh and jarred salsa. I wouldn't think twice about using only jarred in this recipe. Great weeknight meal when something fast is needed."