Leah Lyon of Ada, Oklahoma often rounds out a meal with Southwest Iceberg Slaw. "It's a cool, light and versatile side dish I created one day when I was trying to stretch my avocados," she says. "And friends rave about it no matter what vegetables I add!“ TASTY TIP: Try substituting other fresh garden vegetables in this salad or adding low-fat Mexican panela cheese for a light lunch entree, suggests Leah.
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup cubed avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream, lime juice, onion, jalapeno, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, avocado, tomatoes and carrot. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Southwest Iceberg Slaw in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p7
Reviews for Southwest Iceberg Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review