Southwest Hummus Dip Recipe
- 1 medium ear sweet corn, husk removed
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/4 cup canned fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- Baked pita chips or assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the beans, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cover and process for 30 seconds or until blended. Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- 2. Cut corn from cob. Add the corn, red peppers and tomatoes to bean mixture; mix well. Serve with pita chips or vegetables. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips and vegetables) equals 68 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
Reviews for Southwest Hummus Dip
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.