Not your ordinary hummus, this dip is a combination of two things I love, chick peas and Southwest flavor. You can substitute 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed, for the grilled corn.
- 1 medium ear sweet corn, husk removed
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/4 cup canned fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- Baked pita chips or assorted fresh vegetables
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the beans, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cover and process for 30 seconds or until blended. Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut corn from cob. Add the corn, red peppers and tomatoes to bean mixture; mix well. Serve with pita chips or vegetables. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Southwest Hummus Dip in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012, p20
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Southwest Hummus Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review