- Place 2-3 in. of water in a large saucepan or skillet with high
- sides. Bring to a boil; adjust heat to maintain a gentle simmer.
- Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a small bowl; holding bowl
- close to surface of water, slip egg into water.
- Cook, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until whites are completely set and
- yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Using a slotted spoon, lift
- eggs out of water.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream, lime juice and adobo sauce. Serve
- sweet potato mixture with egg, sour cream mixture and, if desired,
- avocado. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without avocado) equals 304 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 222 mg cholesterol, 520 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 medium-fat meat.