- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds), cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced, optional
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place sweet potatoes, onion and red pepper in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with seasonings. Toss to coat. Roast 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender, adding beans during the last 10 minutes of cooking time.
- Place 2-3 in. of water in a large saucepan or skillet with high sides. Bring to a boil; adjust heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a small bowl; holding bowl close to surface of water, slip egg into water.
- Cook, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Using a slotted spoon, lift eggs out of water.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream, lime juice and adobo sauce. Serve sweet potato mixture with egg, sour cream mixture and, if desired, avocado. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Southwest Hash with Adobo-Lime Crema
"This recipe is delicious! I love the smoky mix of paprika and chipotle. Sweet potatoes give it a nice sweetness without being over powering. Will be making this again!"
"Been looking for more recipes using chipotle. This is a great recipe. I loved the pulled pork tip and any time I make this I add the pork. This is great using regular potatoes too."