- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Southwest Grilled Chicken
"The next time I make this I will use less lime juice as it was overpowering all the other seasonings in this dish."
"Simple to prepare. Mildly flavored."
"I combined this recipe with a similar one and added pepper jack cheese, bacon strips and served it as a sandwich on toasted sourdough. It was pretty good, but I broiled the chicken in the oven instead of grilling it. The flavor was still good, but I think grilling is probably the way to go."
"This was ok, easy and the chicken absorbed the flavor really well. Personally I didn't particularly care for the flavor, though."
"Southwest grilled chicken is a simple, easy dinner to make, and one my family simply loves. It's a keeper and definitely going in my recipe box."