A perfectly balanced rub imparts deep flavors without the muss and fuss of a marinade that can often be time-consuming when you've got a hungry crowd to feed.— Kenny Fisher, Lancaster, Ohio
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; rub over steak.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Let stand for 5 minutes. To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Southwest Flank Steak in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012, p58
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Southwest Flank Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review