- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; rub over steak.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Let stand for 5 minutes. To serve, thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Southwest Flank Steak
Sort By :
The coating charred making the steak taste awful.
This recipe was good but not excellent because the blend of the rub seasonings were not satisfactory. The rub's flavor was very dull but the meat came out good.