Southwest Fish Tacos Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds sole fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (10 ounces) angel hair coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- 8 lime wedges
- 1. Sprinkle fish with taco seasoning. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook fish in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the coleslaw, cilantro, mayonnaise, lime juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 3. Place fish in taco shells. Top with coleslaw mixture; serve with lime wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
2 tacos equals 492 calories, 28 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 919 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Southwest Fish Tacos
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.