Southwest Fish Tacos Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds sole fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (10 ounces) angel hair coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- 8 lime wedges
- Sprinkle fish with taco seasoning. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook fish in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the coleslaw, cilantro, mayonnaise, lime juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Place fish in taco shells. Top with coleslaw mixture; serve with lime wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Southwest Fish Tacos(12)
Sort By :
Easy to make and very tasty
Loved it! Super easy, I used Mahi Mahi and topped with avocado. Also, shredded a small head of cabbage for the slaw.
I would omit the cilantro. I used coleslaw dressing and then Tartar sauce.
Very easy and tasty. I also left out the butter and put fresh avocados on top. Will definitely make again but will use flour tortillas instead. I used corn but thought it took too much away from the flavor.
Very good - I added cheese and tomatoes - I will make these again.
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >