- 1-1/2 pounds sole fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (10 ounces) angel hair coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- 8 lime wedges
- Sprinkle fish with taco seasoning. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook fish in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the coleslaw, cilantro, mayonnaise, lime juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Place fish in taco shells. Top with coleslaw mixture; serve with lime wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Southwest Fish Tacos
"Very, very good!"
"Pretty good, the seasoning came off when I was cooking the fish so it didn't have a "southwest" flavor. I added some lime juice to the fish. I also substituted broccoli slaw for cole slaw since we don't like cabbage."
"Easy to make and very tasty"
"Loved it! Super easy, I used Mahi Mahi and topped with avocado. Also, shredded a small head of cabbage for the slaw."
"I would omit the cilantro. I used coleslaw dressing and then Tartar sauce."
"Very easy and tasty. I also left out the butter and put fresh avocados on top. Will definitely make again but will use flour tortillas instead. I used corn but thought it took too much away from the flavor."
"Very good - I added cheese and tomatoes - I will make these again."
"These tacos are delish! Instead of cooking the fish myself, I used frozen crunchy cod nuggets and put the 1 T. of taco seasoning into the coleslaw mixture. Left out the cilantro cuz I hate it, and served chopped tomatoes, salsa, and Mexican blend cheese as garnishes. These are terrific with the Best Ever chicken Fajita Chowder from this website."
"Loved this recipe! I did add some southwest seasoning along with the taco seasoning for more flavor and used a non stick pan so cut the butter to 1-2 tablespoons. The slaw was also great with chicken."
"<p>I used shrimp instead of the fish and served in flour tortillas, loved it--can't wait to make this again.</p>"