- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash ground cumin
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese or reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 30 wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- In a large skillet, saute the spinach, onion, red pepper and jalapeno in oil until tender. Stir in the corn, beans and seasonings; heat through. Remove from the heat. Stir in shredded cheese and cream cheese until melted.
- Position a wonton wrapper with one point toward you. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Place 2 teaspoons of filling in the center of wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Roll toward the remaining point. Moisten top corner with water; press to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; lightly coat egg rolls with additional cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Southwest Egg Rolls
"Delicious! I halved the cream cheese. I only got 21 out of the recipe, though. I think I will deep fry instead of bake because they were not crispy enough, and I will make a double batch for a party appetizer plate."
"Really delicious. A nice Lenten alternative to fish, too"
"Good, very cheesy. Pretty easy to make. I used jalapeno salsa instead of slicing up jalapenos. They turned out a little bit sweeter than I would have liked."
"Wonderful. Left out the corn due to family preferences but added more pepper and beans to make up for the volume. Next time I may consider decreasing the amount of cream chees a bit."
"These were great, and Weight Watchers friendly! Will make again for sure!"
"I love these! I have made them many times for family and friends."
"I made these last night for my family...they couldn't eat them fast enough!!! Fabulous!"