Southwest Egg Rolls & Cool Avocado Dip Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2/3 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 20 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Place 1/4 cup of chicken mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°.
- 3. Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 4. Meanwhile, combine the dip ingredients. Serve with egg rolls. Yield: 20 egg rolls (1-1/2 cups sauce).
1 each: 297 calories, 21g fat (4g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 437mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Southwest Egg Rolls & Cool Avocado Dip
"Best. Egg Rolls. EVER!"
"Good recipe. I think the filling could use a bit more spice to it."
"Awesome!!! Very easy to make and they taste great!"
"Easy to assemble and very tasty."
"I have been making these for a while and they are frequently requestedby friends and family!! The only change I make is to bake instead of fry. I typically spray the tops of the egg rolls with cooking spray and then bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes until they are brown."
"These are amazing. I added red pepper to it and loved it."
"These were so good!!!! They were easy and delicious. Can't wait to make these again."
"Never made egg rolls before but found this recipe so easy. Loved the cilantro in this recipe. The avocado dip was delicious that I had to make double to keep on hand.My husband was a skeptic at first since the recipe had corn and beans inside. First bite he was begging for another egg roll. I will continue to make this recipe for years.KariChamplin, MN"
"These have become a New Years Eve tradition!! My family loves them!!"
"I love these egg rolls, I can't stop thinking of the and all the ways I can use the filling."
"These taste just like Chili's egg rolls. Very good and not that hard to make. I rolled extra ahead of time and froze them, then just thawed and fried. Yummy!!!"
"These eggs rolls were so good and easy to make!!! They were a total hit at a party I was hosting. The avocado ranch dip really adds a nice flavor to the egg rolls."
"I made these for Christmas, everyone went wild for them.Awesome recipe!!!!!"
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.