- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash ground cumin
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese or reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 30 wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- In a large skillet, saute the spinach, onion, red pepper and jalapeno in oil until tender. Stir in the corn, beans and seasonings; heat through. Remove from the heat. Stir in shredded cheese and cream cheese until melted.
- Position a wonton wrapper with one point toward you. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Place 2 teaspoons of filling in the center of wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Roll toward the remaining point. Moisten top corner with water; press to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; lightly coat egg rolls with additional cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Southwest Egg Rolls
Sort By :
I love these! I have made them many times for family and friends.
I made these last night for my family...they couldn't eat them fast enough!!! Fabulous!