Southwest Crunch Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 9 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-3/4 cups julienned peeled jicama
- 1-3/4 cups chopped celery
- 1-3/4 cups chopped sweet red peppers
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 pound turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add mayonnaise mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 13 servings (1 cup each).
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Southwest Crunch Chicken Salad(7)
Sort By :
oncein, Jicama is a Mexican root vegetable. A cross between a turnip, apple and potato.
Sounds very good. What is jicama? never heard of this unless it has another name. Help please.
OMGosh this is out of this world!
You would be better off using regular bacon instead of the turkey bacon. Turkey bacon has a MUCH higher salt content than regular bacon.
Everyone at the party loved its. Its even good without the bacon. I forgot to make the bacon and remembered it as I was walking out the door. But is was still good without it.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cashew Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salad Recipes >