Southwest Crunch Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 9 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-3/4 cups julienned peeled jicama
- 1-3/4 cups chopped celery
- 1-3/4 cups chopped sweet red peppers
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 pound turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add mayonnaise mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 13 servings (1 cup each).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Southwest Crunch Chicken Salad
Sort By :
"This is one of the best chicken salads ever! All the different flavors are a treat for your taste buds! I used mesquite marinated grilled chicken and added onions. For those who don't have jicama nearby, I think slivered green apple would probably work too. Thank you for this terrific recipe that will be used over and over at our home!"
"oncein, Jicama is a Mexican root vegetable. A cross between a turnip, apple and potato."
"Sounds very good. What is jicama? never heard of this unless it has another name. Help please."
"OMGosh this is out of this world!"
"You would be better off using regular bacon instead of the turkey bacon. Turkey bacon has a MUCH higher salt content than regular bacon."