- 1-1/3 cups fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 9 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-3/4 cups julienned peeled jicama
- 1-3/4 cups chopped celery
- 1-3/4 cups chopped sweet red peppers
- 1 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 pound turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add mayonnaise mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 13 servings (1 cup each).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Southwest Crunch Chicken Salad
"Yummy. We enjoyed this. Ended up with a bit too much celery and jicama, but that was probably because I didn't follow the recipe proportions exactly. This was my first time ever making chicken salad and I will make it again. Even the kids ate it!!!"
"This is one of the best chicken salads ever! All the different flavors are a treat for your taste buds! I used mesquite marinated grilled chicken and added onions. For those who don't have jicama nearby, I think slivered green apple would probably work too. Thank you for this terrific recipe that will be used over and over at our home!"
"oncein, Jicama is a Mexican root vegetable. A cross between a turnip, apple and potato."
"Sounds very good. What is jicama? never heard of this unless it has another name. Help please."
"OMGosh this is out of this world!"