My Aunt Christine shared this recipe with me at a family reunion a few years ago. The thick spread's southwestern flavor has mass appeal. —Rebecca Sue Dickson, Iredell, Texas
Recommended: 52 Cheer-Worthy Tailgate Appetizers
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Tortilla chips or crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and lime juice until smooth. Beat in the chilies, onions, cumin, cayenne pepper until combined. Stir in corn and walnuts if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with crackers or chips. Yield: about 3 cups.
Originally published as Southwest Corn Spread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p32
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Southwest Corn Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2013
"This is a great recipe! Every time I make it, I have someone ask for the recipe. I use Mexicorn or the Southwestern Corn (with black beans)."