Southwest Corn Salad Recipe
I first saw this recipe in our Omaha, Nebraska paper a few years ago," relates Joanna Lonnecker. "It's ideal for family get-togethers of all kinds. Hearty enough to serve during winter, this salad always brings back memories of summer picnics!"
- 3 cups cooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, chili powder, salt and cumin; shake well. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 299 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 474 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC