- 3 cups cooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, chili powder, salt and cumin; shake well. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Southwest Corn Salad
"If you can find them in your produce dept of grocery store, buy Anaheim or Poblano chile's. Take them home & roast them. You can roast on your grill or over a gas burner on a stove. Let the skin blister, a little charring is good. Put in a ziploc, seal, let sit for 30 minutes. Peel skin off, chop chiles and use them in the recipe. This adds a new level of flavor vs. the canned."