Southwest Corn Bread Salad Recipe
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine the corn bread mix, eggs, milk and chilies until blended. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and 2 cups cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the water, vinegar, oil and taco seasoning. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Cut corn bread into 1-in. cubes. In a large serving bowl, layer the corn bread, bean mixture and remaining cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 18 servings.
Reviews for Southwest Corn Bread Salad
Sort By :
"Yummy recipe. I used fresh roasted green chilies in corn bread I also added a 1/2 c. fresh roasted grn. chilies to the salad. I replaced the green pepper with 3 jalapenos and used green onions instead red onion & let sit in fridge over night. It was very tasty, the whole family loved it."
"Very good andeasy"
"The cornbread was an odd base for the "salad". I would have preferred it on the side."