Southwest Corn Bread Salad Recipe
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the corn bread mix, eggs, milk and chilies until blended. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and 2 cups cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the water, vinegar, oil and taco seasoning. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 3. Cut corn bread into 1-in. cubes. In a large serving bowl, layer the corn bread, bean mixture and remaining cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 18 servings.
1 cup: 293 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 670mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Southwest Corn Bread Salad
"Very good andeasy"
"The cornbread was an odd base for the "salad". I would have preferred it on the side."