Southwest Corn Bread Bake Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the chili beans, corn, onion and cumin. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Combine milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop by tablespoons over chili mixture; carefully spread over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Southwest Corn Bread Bake(1)
Sort By :
Made the recipe as written and it was good, but a little dry . My husband is a meat and potato man and he liked the basic idea but missed meat. The 2nd time I added 1 pound ground beef browned with the onion. Added 1 can Campbells tomato soup ,cumin, corn and mixed all in an 8x8 dish. Wammed whole thing 3 minutes in microwave while I made cornbread. Spread cornbread and Baked 20 minutes at 350. My husband really liked it with the ground meat better. Thanks for the basic concept.
Passed the recipe to My girlfriend who's vegan ..she loved it as is.
More Recipe Collections
- Casseroles >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Cornbread Casserole >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >