Southwest Corn and Tomatoes Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes, onion, jalapenos and garlic. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring twice. Spoon into a bowl. Stir in cilantro and salt. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 130 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Southwest Corn and Tomatoes
"This was just okay for me."