You'll only need one skillet and 20 minutes to whip up this hearty, slightly spicy Chili Con Carne, courtesy of Marline Emmal of Vancouver, British Columbia.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 3/4 cup kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- Thinly sliced green onion, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Garnish with green onion if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chili con Carne in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p52
Reviews for Southwest Chili con Carne
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review