- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 3/4 cup kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- Thinly sliced green onion, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Garnish with green onion if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Southwest Chili con Carne
Sort By :
Will be making this again!!
Easy, quick and delicious!
I added a can of rotel tomatoes to it, and it was beyond delicious!!!!!!
I had a crock pot chili recipe that produced unsatisfying results for me. This recipe was similar, so I adjusted the first one with this recipe and it turned out wonderful. I used shredded cheddar cheese as my garnish though. Will definitely make again!
This was excellent! Just what I was looking for!