- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order
- suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5
- minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a large skillet, saute onion and pepper in
- oil until crisp-tender. Stir in the chicken, salsa, cheese, beans
- and seasonings; heat through. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Roll dough to a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spread filling over half
- of dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Fold dough over filling; pinch
- seams to seal and tuck ends under. Combine egg white and water;
- brush over dough. Cut slits in top.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30
- minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before
- cutting. Serve with sour cream if desired.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without sour cream) equals 367 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 696 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.