Southwest Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 cup chopped red or sweet onion
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Torn mixed salad greens and sliced almonds
- Whole wheat pita pocket halves and lettuce leaves
- Whole wheat tortillas and sliced ripe avocado
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Serve as desired.
- Salads: Top salad greens with chicken salad; sprinkle with almonds.
- Pitas: Line pita halves with lettuce leaves; fill with chicken salad.
- Wraps: Place chicken salad off-center on tortillas; top with avocado. Roll up. Yield: 6 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Southwest Chicken Salad(20)
Sort By :
I have made this many times since I first found it in the magazine. I love it! I up the spice a bit by using chipotle powder in place of some or all of the regular chili powder (depending on who I am serving it to! :)
I think it is even better if made ahead, or as leftovers when the favors have all blended.
Good use of leftover chicken. Left out the corn since my husband doesn't like it but added a few extra peppers. Good alternative to mayo based chicken salads.
Wonderful flavor. I omitted the cilantro since my family doesn't like the flavor. It made a healthy meal that the family enjoyed.
This was pretty good. I used an actual rotisserie chicken from the store, but I think next time I'll just use cubed chicken breast to save time on clean up.
This is a delicious recipe! Great flavor! I had chicken breast on hand so I used that, and green pepper instead of red pepper. My family loves this dish!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Budget Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salad Recipes >