My husband loves salads, and this flavorful chicken recipe is easy, nutritious and very tasty. Serve it over greens, tucked in a pita or rolled up in a tortilla. —Sara Hobbs, West Tawakoni, Texas
- 4 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 cup chopped red or sweet onion
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Torn mixed salad greens and sliced almonds
- Whole wheat pita pocket halves and lettuce leaves
- Whole wheat tortillas and sliced ripe avocado
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Serve as desired.
- Salads: Top salad greens with chicken salad; sprinkle with almonds.
- Pitas: Line pita halves with lettuce leaves; fill with chicken salad.
- Wraps: Place chicken salad off-center on tortillas; top with avocado. Roll up. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Southwest Chicken Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2010, p32
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Southwest Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review