Southwest Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 cup chopped red or sweet onion
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Torn mixed salad greens and sliced almonds
- Whole wheat pita pocket halves and lettuce leaves
- Whole wheat tortillas and sliced ripe avocado
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Serve as desired.
- 2. Salads: Top salad greens with chicken salad; sprinkle with almonds.
- 3. Pitas: Line pita halves with lettuce leaves; fill with chicken salad.
- 4. Wraps: Place chicken salad off-center on tortillas; top with avocado. Roll up. Yield: 6 cups.
1/2 cup chicken salad (calculated without serving suggestions) equals 166 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Southwest Chicken Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.