Southwest Chicken Pockets Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-serve roasted chicken breast strips
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, divided
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the chicken, beans, tomato and 1/4 cup chilies.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into a 14-in. square. Cut into four squares. Spoon chicken mixture into the center of each square; sprinkle with cheese.
- Brush egg over edges. Fold dough over filling, forming a triangle; pinch seams to seal. Transfer to a greased baking sheet and brush with remaining egg. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream and remaining chilies. Serve with pockets. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Southwest Chicken Pockets
Sort By :
It does make a lot of filling as other reviewers said. But the filling is great with tortilla chips! I used some leftover smoked turkey instead of chicken. Also added some cumin. Sprinkled some cheese on each pocket after brushing with egg. Yumm-o! :)
Very good, and very easy. Agree with the previous review that this does make a lot of filling; I made twice the number of pockets the recipe calls for and still had filling left over. I used salsa instead of the tomato and it worked well.
Makes too much filling. You could double the number of pockets you make, or use the filling for nachos later.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >