Southwest Chicken Fajita Pizza Recipe
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1. Unroll crust into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until lightly browned. Add the onion, green pepper, garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink.
- 3. Spread salsa over crust. Top with 1 cup cheese, chicken mixture and remaining cheese. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown. Yield: 12 slices.
1 slice (prepared with reduced-fat cheese) equals 191 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 505 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.