Pizza takes a southwest turn in this version. I made this recipe on the first date—an evening of cooking at my apartment—with my husband, Gary.—Tricia Longo, Spencer, Massachusetts
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Unroll crust into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until lightly browned. Add the onion, green pepper, garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink.
- Spread salsa over crust. Top with 1 cup cheese, chicken mixture and remaining cheese. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown. Yield: 12 slices.
Originally published as Chicken Fajita Pizza in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p9
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Southwest Chicken Fajita Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review