Southwest Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- In a large nonstick saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in the broth, soup, chicken and chilies until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in the corn, milk, chili powder and cumin. Heat through (do not boil). Sprinkle each serving with cheese and cilantro. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Reviews for Southwest Chicken Corn Chowder(3)
Sort By :
This is an absolute go-to for me! It's worthy of company but easy and robust.
This has become a staple in our recipe collection! It's a favorite for company, too!
This is very yummy. It has a slightly sweet taste. The cilantro gives it a really nice flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Chowder Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Chowder Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >