Southwest Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) ready-to-serve Santa Fe whole grain rice medley
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips, cut into chunks
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Heat rice according to package directions. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine chicken and tomatoes; stir in rice. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; cook 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 340 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 1292mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Southwest Chicken and Rice
"Our family lived this!! The only different thing I did was waited till ready to eat before added cheese. I put it on each place and add cheese to each them microwaved each separately. We are a cheese loving family tho lol my mother in law asked for this recipe bc she loved it so much! And it's great for our busy days when we don't have much time to cook."
"This is a nice, quick recipe and it was ok to try once but I won't be making it again. It has too much of a processed taste. I think it would be very good if it was made from scratch and baked in the oven."
"SOUTHWESTERN OR SANTA FE RICE SEEMS TO BE MADE LIKE THISOR MAKE YOUR OWN:[1 CUP--BROWN RICE?1-RED BELL PEPPER CUT IN STRIPS?1-CAN GREEN CHILLIES[OPTIONAL]?1CAN SLICED BLACK OLIVER?1 CAN BLACK BEANS DRAINED AND WASHED?CORN DRAINED [YELLOW]?ADD WATER 2 CUPS? CHECK BOX OF RICE YOU USEGERRILKY"
"I would love a recipe for making my own Santa Fe whole grain rice medley. Anybody?"