- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) ready-to-serve Santa Fe whole grain rice medley
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips, cut into chunks
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat rice according to package directions. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine chicken and tomatoes; stir in rice. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; cook 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Southwest Chicken and Rice
Sort By :
This is a nice, quick recipe and it was ok to try once but I won't be making it again. It has too much of a processed taste. I think it would be very good if it was made from scratch and baked in the oven.
I have not tried this recipe, but I fail to see how it can be considered "healthy" when it contains over 1200mg sodium/serving & uses boxed rice & pre-cooked chicken, so has numerous unhealthy preservatives in it.
SOUTHWESTERN OR SANTA FE RICE SEEMS TO BE MADE LIKE THISOR MAKE YOUR OWN:
[1 CUP--BROWN RICE?1-RED BELL PEPPER CUT IN STRIPS?1-CAN GREEN CHILLIES[OPTIONAL]?1CAN SLICED BLACK OLIVER?1 CAN BLACK BEANS DRAINED AND WASHED?CORN DRAINED [YELLOW]?ADD WATER 2 CUPS? CHECK BOX OF RICE YOU USE
I would love a recipe for making my own Santa Fe whole grain rice medley. Anybody?
Delicious and so quick/easy. I am continually finding great recipes on this sight. Thanx