Southwest Chicken & Rice Salad Recipe
- 2 medium ears sweet corn
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- Remove and discard corn husks and silk. Brush 1 tablespoon oil over ears of corn. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Cut corn from cobs.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, red pepper, jalapenos, cilantro and corn.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, garlic, chili powder, salt, pepper and remaining oil; pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Cook rice according to package directions; cool. Just before serving, stir rice and avocados into salad. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Southwest Chicken & Rice Salad(2)
Sort By :
This was absolutely delicious. The flavors all went well together, and the spice amount was perfect. I love the avocado in there. I used this as a main dish for my husband and I; as a main dish, it will feed about 4 people. Leftovers taste just as good, too!
This was great! I did however make a few minor changes...used chopped tomato in place of the red pepper, doubled the cilantro and added a couple of sliced green onions. My son suggested it might be really good with a little crumbled queso fresco in it and I think I just might try that next time.
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Corn on the Cob >
- Corn Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Father's Day Side Dishes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilled Corn >
- Grilled Salads >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Side Dishes >