- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild salsa
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- Sweet red and yellow pepper strips, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and sliced green onions, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer three-fourths each of the corn and beans and half of the salsa. Arrange chicken over salsa; top with remaining corn, beans and salsa. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Shred chicken with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Top with the peppers, sour cream, cheese and onions if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Southwest Chicken
Sort By :
I cut this in half and made it in the 1.5 qt slow cooker. The chicken was very moist and flavorful not to mention the meat fell right apart. I cook it for 12 hours. I had to use cream of corn and black eyed peas since I didn't have any black beans but my husband really enjoyed it. He even liked it without the cheese
Good recipe. I used my homemade salsa, added a little garlic, cilantro, and a touch of salt. Pretty good and easy to make.
Love this recipe. We took this camping and it was a perfect meal. You can dress it up or just eat plain. I am passing out the reicpe to all my friends.
This is just about the easiest recipe ever. It is really good but nothing fancy. We wrapped it in warm tortillas.
This came out really good. I used medium salsa and pinto beans instead of black beans because my husband doesn't like them. I made enchiladas out of this and they were really tasty. Will definitely make these again!