Southwest Chicken Recipe
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild salsa
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- Sweet red and yellow pepper strips, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and sliced green onions, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer three-fourths each of the corn and beans and half of the salsa. Arrange chicken over salsa; top with remaining corn, beans and salsa. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Shred chicken with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Top with the peppers, sour cream, cheese and onions if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Southwest Chicken(6)
Sort By :
Good recipe. I used my homemade salsa, added a little garlic, cilantro, and a touch of salt. Pretty good and easy to make.
Love this recipe. We took this camping and it was a perfect meal. You can dress it up or just eat plain. I am passing out the reicpe to all my friends.
This is just about the easiest recipe ever. It is really good but nothing fancy. We wrapped it in warm tortillas.
This came out really good. I used medium salsa and pinto beans instead of black beans because my husband doesn't like them. I made enchiladas out of this and they were really tasty. Will definitely make these again!
This is a great recipe! I love it! Sometimes it has a little more broth to it than I would like...it makes it more soupy. So, I cut down the broth a little!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >