- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2/3 cup salsa
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, beat cheeses until fluffy. Stir in 1 cup sour cream and taco seasoning. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in chilies. Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from oven; let stand for 10 minutes (leave oven on). Spoon remaining sour cream over top of filling. Bake 5 minutes loner. Cool completely on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Place on serving plate. Top with salsa. Serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 20-24 appetizer servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Southwest Cheesecake(2)
Sort By :
I made this for a dinner at work. Everyone loved it. I did reduce the sour cream by one cup and used only one envelope of taco seasoning. I think the other half would have made it too strong. I got several requests for the recipe, so I'd say it's a keeper.
I use a simalar recipe,but it isn't baked,& is served more like a dip. this sounds like a great variation,i can't wait to try it. thanks!
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Make Ahead Appetizers >