I often serve this recipe as an appetizer before a Mexican dinner. It is great if you have a diabetic in the family.—Lori Walton, Stuttgart, Arkansas
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2/3 cup salsa
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, beat cheeses until fluffy. Stir in 1 cup sour cream and taco seasoning. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in chilies. Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from oven; let stand for 10 minutes (leave oven on). Spoon remaining sour cream over top of filling. Bake 5 minutes loner. Cool completely on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Place on serving plate. Top with salsa. Serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 20-24 appetizer servings.
Originally published as Southwest Cheesecake in The Best of Country Cooking 1993
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Southwest Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review