- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium
- heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or
- until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Top with cheese; cover and grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese
- is melted. Serve on buns with toppings if desired. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger (calculated without optional toppings) equals 341 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 698 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.