Southwest Brunch Casserole Recipe
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 English muffins, split
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1. Spread butter over cut sides of each muffin half. Place buttered side up in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spoon sausage over muffin halves. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and sour cream; pour over sausage. Sprinkle with cheese and chilies. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4 servings.
1 slice (prepared with reduced-fat butter, reduced-fat pork sausage, reduced-fat sour cream and reduced-fat cheese) equals 350 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 271 mg cholesterol, 717 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.