Southwest Brunch Casserole Recipe
"My husband used to take this casserole, doubled, to office potlucks, and it was a favorite. I serve it at home as a special-occasion breakfast or even dinner for the two of us. Any leftovers taste just as good, reheated in the microwave," says Linda Hinkley of Florence, Oregon.
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 English muffins, split
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- Spread butter over cut sides of each muffin half. Place buttered side up in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spoon sausage over muffin halves. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and sour cream; pour over sausage. Sprinkle with cheese and chilies. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Southwest Brunch Casserole in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p31
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Southwest Brunch Casserole(6)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast for Two >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes for Two >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >