I always thought eating healthy wouldn't be as enjoyable as eating whatever I wanted. This recipe proved me wrong; healthy ingredients taste wonderful and are just as mouthwatering without the extra calories. —Nicole Hackley, Culbertson, Montana
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms, peppers, chilies and garlic; cook and stir until peppers are crisp-tender. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg whites and cheese until blended. Add egg white mixture to pan; cook and stir over medium heat until egg whites begin to set and no liquid egg remains.
- Spoon egg white mixture across center of each tortilla; top with vegetable mixture. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling, and roll up. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Southwest Breakfast Wraps in Simple & Delicious August/September 2013, p26
Reviews for Southwest Breakfast Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review