Southwest Breakfast Wraps Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms, peppers, chilies and garlic; cook and stir until peppers are crisp-tender. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk egg whites and cheese until blended. Add egg white mixture to pan; cook and stir over medium heat until egg whites begin to set and no liquid egg remains.
- 3. Spoon egg white mixture across center of each tortilla; top with vegetable mixture. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling, and roll up. Yield: 4 servings.
1 wrap equals 254 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 446 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.