Southwest Breakfast Wraps Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 egg whites
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms, peppers, chilies and garlic; cook and stir until peppers are crisp-tender. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg whites and cheese until blended. Add egg white mixture to pan; cook and stir over medium heat until egg whites begin to set and no liquid egg remains.
- Spoon egg white mixture across center of each tortilla; top with vegetable mixture. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Southwest Breakfast Wraps
Sort By :
What an easy reminder. When I make a stir-fry in the evening, I sometimes make extra veggies and take a cup or so out to cool and store in the frig. Previously I always made a frittata with them in the morning but because I saw this I made wraps. Good idea.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Breakfast >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mushroom Breakfast Recipes >