Southwest Breakfast Wraps Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 egg whites
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms, peppers, chilies and garlic; cook and stir until peppers are crisp-tender. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg whites and cheese until blended. Add egg white mixture to pan; cook and stir over medium heat until egg whites begin to set and no liquid egg remains.
- Spoon egg white mixture across center of each tortilla; top with vegetable mixture. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Southwest Breakfast Wraps
Sort By :
"My family prefers spicy food, which is probably the reason we found these so bland. Salt, pepper, minced fresh cilantro, cayenne and some picante sauce helped. Will make them again, just with the additions."
"What an easy reminder. When I make a stir-fry in the evening, I sometimes make extra veggies and take a cup or so out to cool and store in the frig. Previously I always made a frittata with them in the morning but because I saw this I made wraps. Good idea."