Southwest Black Bean Soup Recipe
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 cups cooked Minute® Brown Rice
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large nonstick saucepan, saute the pepper, celery and onion in oil until tender. Add the beans, broth, tomatoes, chilies and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Divide rice among six soup bowls; top with soup and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Southwest Black Bean Soup(3)
Sort By :
This was all right. Could use a flavor oomph. So add chili powder, salt, and pepper at will.
I don't often follow recipe, but this sounded too good to resist. It will be a family favorite for now on! We all loved it!
This was very good! It definitely had a nice southwestern flavor. Personally, I like a bit more of a kick, so I'd probably add some chili powder to mine next time, but my husband and 12 year old son liked it as is. It was great for a cold day's lunch!
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Soup Recipes >
- Black Bean Soup >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Soup >
- Mexican Soups >